The Benefit of Preplanning
Planning for funeral services in advance allows each us to wisely consider how we may “Finish Well” for our family and friends. Thoughtful people are planning their funeral services ahead of time because they realize without preplanning, many questions, details and financial issues are left unanswered for our loved ones.
- How much should we spend on the funeral?
- Should we go with a traditional burial or cremation?
- What options would he or she have liked?
- What kind of flowers, should we have a caterer?
- Which songs or Scripture readings?
- What would she or he have chosen if they could be here now?
- Have all the financial details been handled?
- Besides the many more decisions that have to be made.
When people realize the value of preplanning, they decide to plan ahead; therefore they are better able to create meaningful and personalized tributes for their loved ones. When you make your family aware of your wishes, the funeral service becomes a special time of honoring memories and encouraging faith.